On 10 September 1919, 100 years ago today, a well-attended meeting in Langport unanimously resolved to form the Langport and Huish Episcopi Association Football Club, and James Kelway was invited to become its President. Despite various name changes over the years, the club is still flourishing today.
To celebrate the Club's centenary, Langport & District History Society have mounted an exhibition which shows photographs of many of the Club's teams, with some of their successes. The earliest photograph dates from the 1922/23 season. Entitled 'A Football Centenary', it is on display in All Saints' Church, The Hill, Langport from Tuesday 10th to Sunday 15th September. It is available between 10am and 4pm, and any time when the Church is open for visiting.
We are extremely grateful to Mike Dandy, landlord of the Black Swan, North Street, Langport, whose customers compiled the folder of information on which the exhibition is based. The folder is available for consultation at the Black Swan during normal opening hours.
More news from Curry Rivel
Movies in the Village Hall PresentsLate Night (15)Fri 20th Sep 2019A late night talk show host suspects that she may soon lose her long-running show.Stars: Emma Thompson, Mindy Kaling & John LithgowCurry Rivel Village HallDoors open at 7pm; show starts at 7.30pm in the village hall. Refreshments are on sale. Tickets £7 are...
See behind the scenes and view the heritage of Yeovil and South Somerset.Community Heritage Access CentreCHAC is a storage facility holding over 25,000 objects and 5,000 photographs concerning Yeovil and South Somerset's history and heritage. It is usually only open Mon — Fri by appointment but on Sat...
Drayton Village Hall
Lenells House, Honeylands, Curry Rivel.
St Andrew's Church