If you, your family, or someone you know is interested in learning how to save a life, please register your interest below.
Strokes and heart attacks can happen any time and anywhere and our village is no different. Knowing how to apply CPR and use a defibrillator could save the life of loved one or indeed a stranger. Its not difficult to learn.
The Parish Council has already run one successful workshop and is now inviting people to another. The event will take place when sufficient people have registered their interest.
Top 10 Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator. In time of need, you may be the only person in the room who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!