The Curry Rivel Cricket Club is seeking funding from Aviva to fund coaching and training sessions next season. The grant would allow the club to increase greatly the numbers and hours it provides. It would also allow for coaches to the local primary and secondary schools.
Then you have to put Curry Rivel in the search location and vote. Any questions? – then please contact Peter Sleightholme – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If successful, the grant would enable the club to:
- give local children the opportunity to play cricket and develop coaching skills including team work
- link with local secondary schools and six form colleges to provide a coaching course to girls and boys
- provide necessary skills to start coaching path to start to volunteer. (The club would provide a qualified coach to work with them to take them forward)
- work with them to help coach year 7 to year 9 teams in order work at after school clubs and in games
- work to provide a role model where the younger children can see what opportunities there are and to take forward. Similarly year 11 and sixth formers can see from the coaches the development opportunities going forward
- aim to link with the primary schools, senior schools and Curry Rivel Cricket Club to develop the culture of playing cricket, having fun playing sport/being active and volunteering
- build on the coaching and encourage more girls to learn to coach and play cricket
We have found that by bringing children from different schools together, along with their parents, we develop a positive culture and improved cohesion.
The funding would allow the children opportunities to develop themselves going forward to an untapped potential. .