Fire Safety advice for businesses
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service remind all businesses to consider fire risks in their organisations, and make sure that their employees are aware of the causes and consequences of fire.
Most businesses that suffer a fire do not recover. In these competitive times when growth and sustainability are a priority, preventing and safeguarding businesses against financial and commercial loss is of key importance.
A fire can cause major disruption for any business but there is a far greater chance of recovery if risks have been identified, and appropriate arrangements have been put in place to prevent fires starting, or to lessen their impact.
Fire safety is important and all businesses must have a Fire Risk Assessment. This is the cornerstone of fire protection for any business.
How do you do a fire risk assessment?
* Identify the fire hazards.
* Identify people at risk.
* Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks.
* Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training.
* Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly.
Fire safety advice to all businesses:
* Store stock safely: keep corridors, stairs and exits clear
* Identify alarm points so you can warn others
* Make sure doors are closed to stop fires from spreading
* Place things that catch fire away from things that cause fire
* Let someone know if you spot fire safety problems
* Ensure everyone knows what to do if a fire alarm sounds
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service work closely with businesses throughout the year. Helping them to effectively manage their fire risks, safeguard their staff, premises, stock and potentially their livelihood.
After a fire when re-occupying your premises:
* Walk the escape routes and check that they are clear and available
* Test your fire warning system
* Water pressure in the area may have been affected so if you have a sprinkler system fitted check it has not been affected
If you would like to speak to a local Business Safety Officer you can contact us on the following numbers/email or access our service website:
Business Safety Helpline: 01392 357200
Business Safety Email: email@example.com@dsfire.gov.uk>
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service website: www.dsfire.gov.u
More news from Curry Rivel
Christmas BingoCurry Rivel Cricket ClubVillage Hall Sun 1st & 15th Dec 2019Doors open 6pm, Eyes down 7pmChristmas Prize & Cash BingoGuaranteed 2 prizes per gameIncluding special cash prizeRaffle, refreshments and mince pies also...
The Christmas BIG BREAKFAST will be held on Sun 15th Dec 2019 at the Village Hall, from 8.30am till 12.30pm.There will be a special visit from Santa, from 9.30am till 11.30am, and for a small charge children can receive a fantastic gift.Come along to this great Community event, and enjoy a freshly cooked breakfast, with food provided by the 'Black Sheep...
Splat Messy Play Taster Session is now available to book at Curry Rivel Village HallWed 18th Dec 2019 — Christmas Special 10-11amAll babies and children welcome (6 months — 4 years old). £5.50 per child. Sibling discounts are available, please contact Emma for more information.Emma will do her upmost to cater for allergies and other dietary requirements, let her know.07827 089005...
St Andrew's Church
St Martin's Church
URC Chapel, Wiltown