Fire Safety advice for businesses
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service remind all businesses to consider fire risks in their organisations, and make sure that their employees are aware of the causes and consequences of fire.
Most businesses that suffer a fire do not recover. In these competitive times when growth and sustainability are a priority, preventing and safeguarding businesses against financial and commercial loss is of key importance.
A fire can cause major disruption for any business but there is a far greater chance of recovery if risks have been identified, and appropriate arrangements have been put in place to prevent fires starting, or to lessen their impact.
Fire safety is important and all businesses must have a Fire Risk Assessment. This is the cornerstone of fire protection for any business.
How do you do a fire risk assessment?
* Identify the fire hazards.
* Identify people at risk.
* Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks.
* Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training.
* Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly.
Fire safety advice to all businesses:
* Store stock safely: keep corridors, stairs and exits clear
* Identify alarm points so you can warn others
* Make sure doors are closed to stop fires from spreading
* Place things that catch fire away from things that cause fire
* Let someone know if you spot fire safety problems
* Ensure everyone knows what to do if a fire alarm sounds
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service work closely with businesses throughout the year. Helping them to effectively manage their fire risks, safeguard their staff, premises, stock and potentially their livelihood.
After a fire when re-occupying your premises:
* Walk the escape routes and check that they are clear and available
* Test your fire warning system
* Water pressure in the area may have been affected so if you have a sprinkler system fitted check it has not been affected
If you would like to speak to a local Business Safety Officer you can contact us on the following numbers/email or access our service website:
Business Safety Helpline: 01392 357200
Business Safety Email: firstname.lastname@example.org@dsfire.gov.uk>
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service website: www.dsfire.gov.u
More news from Curry Rivel
Visit to West Sedgemoor RSPB Reserve & Burton Pynsent Monument Thurs 20th June 20195.30 — 9pmThe Taunton City Club have organised a free trip to the Monument (after first visiting the West Sedgemoor RSPB Reserve. You can book a free place on this visit at https://www.ice.org.uk/events/site...
The Big Summer Concert 2019St. Andrew's Church Saturday 20th July @ 7pmVoices, strings, organ and young soloistsSt. Andrew's Choir & Strings with the Benefice SingersWine, raffle Free Entry and retiring collection In aid of MindEach year in July a concert of very varied music is given by our local musicians, both as an opportunity to play and sing, but also to raise money for...
Church FeteSat 6th July 2019 @ 2-4.30pmChurch Green(In the School Hall and Village Hall in case of bad weather) Church fete on the Village Green — a relaxing afternoon out.You will find the usual stalls with books, cakes, craft and jewellery and plants, the tombola, bar with Pimm's and soft drinks, and a display of classic cars. The raffle draw -1st prize £ 100 cash- will be at...
St Andrew's Church