Fire Safety advice for businesses
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service remind all businesses to consider fire risks in their organisations, and make sure that their employees are aware of the causes and consequences of fire.
Most businesses that suffer a fire do not recover. In these competitive times when growth and sustainability are a priority, preventing and safeguarding businesses against financial and commercial loss is of key importance.
A fire can cause major disruption for any business but there is a far greater chance of recovery if risks have been identified, and appropriate arrangements have been put in place to prevent fires starting, or to lessen their impact.
Fire safety is important and all businesses must have a Fire Risk Assessment. This is the cornerstone of fire protection for any business.
How do you do a fire risk assessment?
* Identify the fire hazards.
* Identify people at risk.
* Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks.
* Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training.
* Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly.
Fire safety advice to all businesses:
* Store stock safely: keep corridors, stairs and exits clear
* Identify alarm points so you can warn others
* Make sure doors are closed to stop fires from spreading
* Place things that catch fire away from things that cause fire
* Let someone know if you spot fire safety problems
* Ensure everyone knows what to do if a fire alarm sounds
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service work closely with businesses throughout the year. Helping them to effectively manage their fire risks, safeguard their staff, premises, stock and potentially their livelihood.
After a fire when re-occupying your premises:
* Walk the escape routes and check that they are clear and available
* Test your fire warning system
* Water pressure in the area may have been affected so if you have a sprinkler system fitted check it has not been affected
If you would like to speak to a local Business Safety Officer you can contact us on the following numbers/email or access our service website:
Business Safety Helpline: 01392 357200
Business Safety Email: firstname.lastname@example.org@dsfire.gov.uk>
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service website: www.dsfire.gov.u
More news from Curry Rivel
Alpha Course — A Once Week Course Exploring The Basics Of ChristianityEvery Wed 15th May -26th June 20197.30 — 9pmCurry Rivel School Hall.Alpha is a 7 week, no pressure, no charge, no questions barred exploration of what Christianity is (and isn't) about, through a series of ½ hour films which will be asking questions such as: 'is there...
Two Kings to book up for this month.I have a few spaces on the coach for The Lion King, back in Bristol and nearly sold out in the first two days. We have reservations for:Wednesday 13th November evening, at £65 and £82, and Sunday 27th October matinee at £92 and £112. Both of these are subject to the theatre still having some tickets available.The highly praised...
In this season of bank holidays, we have a reminder to check collection days. Plus:The revised recycling site schedule continues over EasterUpdate on the recycling site diversion trialHelping residents save-to-save by working with Somerset credit unionsFacts and stats from the latest End Use Register, available on our websitePoultry packaging advice to avoid health risks from washing...
URC Church, Wiltown