The following Email was sent to us on 25th Nov 2017 and has been passed on to the PC (Name & Phone Number withheld).
I walked past the small building site (adjacent to the primary school) a few days ago.
Instead of disposing of their construction waste in a skip there was a fire with various materials in, being topped up with sheets of plastic.
I appreciate that the company wants to keep their costs down, but this isn't a legal or appropriate way to do it.
Could you please advise me who I should contact to visit the site soon, to ensure they get, and use a skip, and stop making highly toxic fires right in the centre of a residential area.
More news from Curry Rivel
Village Hall Events UpdateThe Village Hall has held or participated in two successful event in the last few weeksFirstly the 'Big Breakfast' held on Sun 9th June was very successful, with many new villagers attending for the first time, and over 130 breakfasts prepared.The Village Hall team were also in evidence at Curry Rivel Live 2019The team also prepared and sold food at...
The Village Flower ShowFlowers with graceful formsBewitching shades of colour and exquisite perfumeSilent influences unconsciously feltLoaves of bread nestle with plump sausage rollsVictoria sponge drip with homemade jamWhile the tearoom hums to happy, sated patronsFruits, vegetables and flowers, will the Village Hall transformWould but the outside world offer not bullets and bombsBut...
If you are setting up a new business or going self-employed, or have just started, this workshop will show you how to address business finance tasks.Free to attendTues 2nd July 2019 10.30am til 2pmGreat Bow WharfBow StreetLangportMore info at http://www.somersetbusinessagency.org/workshops/2019/07/02/business-start-up-marketing-and-finance-workshop-25.11(www.somersetbu...
St Andrew's hurch
St Andrew's Church