Welcome to August's SORTED! from Somerset Waste Partnership. Apologies for the gap in publishing; much more to come very soon on everything from textiles to reuse. In this issue, below:
- Bank Holiday Monday means all collections next week will be one day later
- Latest annual report shows millions saved by recycling, which is on the up
- Recycle More — clue's in the name — starts in Mendip (only) in late October
- We have a special bargain compost bin offer, only for Somerset residents
- Who is missing out without their My Account? And how to get one free now
- What's happening at all recycling sites, including the safety restrictions
More news from Curry Rivel
Funding support is available to businesses in South Somerset due to the national lockdown restrictions that came into effect from Thursday 5th November.South Somerset District Council are administering two schemes:Local Restriction Support GrantEligible businesses are now able to apply for a business support grant under the Local Restriction Support Grant scheme. Grants are available of...
Everyone can catch it, anyone can spread itTesting and cases: We are seeing a general trend of increased transmission in Somerset, across all age groups and within all districts. There have been several incidents and outbreaks in our care homes and schools however whilst the virus is circulating in the community at higher levels, we can generally expect to see cases in these settings...
The Curry Rivel Community Website has been serving the local (and world!) community for over a decade and has gone through several developments. It is now time for another review of its purpose, the content and layout and I am seeking your assistance in this.If you have ideas about the website for example on how it could be improved or reach a wider audience, I'd like to hear from you...