Here are the key points that were discussed at the Council Meeting on 5 March 2020:
- there were no planning applications to consider
- local social groups are reminded that theParish Council has grants available to help fund new projects. Details can be found at the Council's website
Grant applications need to be submitted before 31 March and supported by attendance at the 2nd April Parish Council meeting
- The Council is inviting ideas for projects that might be funded by the County Council's Climate Emergency Fund. The field is wide open to suggestions that will help reduce levels of emissions, encourage greener transport, reduce emissions etc. Email your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Council is continuing to seek a solution to congestion and speeding in the village and to seek alternative arrangements for large vehicles to access Myrtle Yard. Meetings have taken place with Crisp Clean and further discussions with Somerset Highways are due
- Keep Curry Rivel Clean — A litter pick is planned for the weekend of 28 and 29 March 2020. If you fancy a bit of fresh air and exercise whilst cleaning up our streets and lanes, please report to the Village car park between 10 am and 2 pm on either or both of those days. You will be able to collect litter pick tools and bin bags, bring your own gloves and high -viz jackets, if you have one, some will be available on the day. You will be allocated an area to cover or choose one that hasn't been covered already.
Next Meeting Thursday 2 April 2020
More news from Curry Rivel
Please note that the Emergency Phone number to the Curry Rivel Community Support Group will be unavailable for a few days. If you have any urgent requests please submit them to the Emergency E mail address which is email@example.comWe expect the Emergency phone to resume normal service in a few...
The draft minutes from the most recent meeting are now available to view. Please note these minutes are not yet ratified. This will be done at the October...
Thanks to some very generous local donations, the target of £1000 has almost been met. As of this morning £905 has been raised leaving just a further £95 to meet the overall target of £60,000 for this important project . There is a time limit of just a few days on reaching the total hence our urgent efforts to contact more people. https://www.crowd...