Here is a quick summary of discussions and decisions from the Parish Council meeting held on 6th August 2020 by video conference.
- The minutes from the 2nd July meeting were formally approved and which will shortly be posted on the website
- The appointment of an Interim Clerk was also approved and to take immediate effect
- The audit of the annual accounts were approved as was the payment of the invoice to the auditors
- The Speed Indicator Devices are now up and running. However the batteries will require periodic changing and the Council is seeking a volunteer(s) to maintain the two devices
- The council has received some Section 106 monies in respect of buildings at Westfield and are seeking ideas on what improvements/additions could be made to the facilities
- Also on Westfield, a young member of the community raised the matter of littering and the council is considering what action it can take there including removing some hedge so that the bin in the car park is more visible. On a wider note the Council wishes to remind all users of Westfield and other public sites in Curry Rivel of the need to use the bins provided or to take their litter home for disposal.
- Some vandalism to the water supply inspection has been carried out and a lot of water wasted as a result (the cost of repairs and wasted water will be borne by the Community.
- If you see vandalism or anti-social behaviour please report it to the Council via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Council formally approved the purchase of a licence so that meetings and other business can continue by video
- The Council approved the purchase of a computer for the Community Website
- Discussions about parking restrictions in and around the High Street, school and The Green were put back as a future agenda item
- The Council has an opportunity to make a bid under Somerset's Climate Emergency Fund. The Council invites suggestions from the Community for consideration.
The date of the next meeting is Thursday 3rd September