Here is a quick summary of discussions and decisions from the Parish Council meeting held on 6th August 2020 by video conference.
- The minutes from the 2nd July meeting were formally approved and which will shortly be posted on the website
- The appointment of an Interim Clerk was also approved and to take immediate effect
- The audit of the annual accounts were approved as was the payment of the invoice to the auditors
- The Speed Indicator Devices are now up and running. However the batteries will require periodic changing and the Council is seeking a volunteer(s) to maintain the two devices
- The council has received some Section 106 monies in respect of buildings at Westfield and are seeking ideas on what improvements/additions could be made to the facilities
- Also on Westfield, a young member of the community raised the matter of littering and the council is considering what action it can take there including removing some hedge so that the bin in the car park is more visible. On a wider note the Council wishes to remind all users of Westfield and other public sites in Curry Rivel of the need to use the bins provided or to take their litter home for disposal.
- Some vandalism to the water supply inspection has been carried out and a lot of water wasted as a result (the cost of repairs and wasted water will be borne by the Community.
- If you see vandalism or anti-social behaviour please report it to the Council via email email@example.com
- The Council formally approved the purchase of a licence so that meetings and other business can continue by video
- The Council approved the purchase of a computer for the Community Website
- Discussions about parking restrictions in and around the High Street, school and The Green were put back as a future agenda item
- The Council has an opportunity to make a bid under Somerset's Climate Emergency Fund. The Council invites suggestions from the Community for consideration.
The date of the next meeting is Thursday 3rd September
More news from Curry Rivel
Please note that the Emergency Phone number to the Curry Rivel Community Support Group will be unavailable for a few days. If you have any urgent requests please submit them to the Emergency E mail address which is firstname.lastname@example.orgWe expect the Emergency phone to resume normal service in a few...
The draft minutes from the most recent meeting are now available to view. Please note these minutes are not yet ratified. This will be done at the October...
Thanks to some very generous local donations, the target of £1000 has almost been met. As of this morning £905 has been raised leaving just a further £95 to meet the overall target of £60,000 for this important project . There is a time limit of just a few days on reaching the total hence our urgent efforts to contact more people. https://www.crowd...