The Parish Council meeting was held on 9th January 2020 and follows a short summary of the key points discussed and actions agreed:
1. The Council accepted the transfer of a piece of land adjacent to Granny's Garden so that a small retaining wall can be built there for Curry Rivel in Bloom to make some further improvements
2. Residents have questioned the ownership of the land occupied by the bus shelter near chatham Place. This will be investigated and reported on a future date
3. The Council is still considering the terms on which a piece of land east of Linton House can be transferred from the land owner to the council in order to turn into an outdoor public place for the benefit of the whole community.
4. Investigations are continuing into a vehicle speed and safety strategy . This is being headed up by Councillor Simon Scarborough
5. A litter pick is being planned to coincide with 'Keep Britain Tidy' campaign which runs from 20 March until 13 April. Watch the website, Sewers Hall display and Curry Rivel News for more information.
6. The precept for the financial year 2020/2021 was discussed and agreed.
The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Thursday 6th February at the usual time of 7.30 pm in the Chatham Room of the Sewers Hall. Residents are warmly invited to attend.
More news from Curry Rivel
Unfortunately amongst all the goodwill and help being offered by the good folk of Curry Rivel there are some bad folk who believe it is their right to steal from others.The latest example involve some nice plant pots stolen last night from outside a property in the High Street.This is a reminder to everyone to be vigilant not only for 'Red Cards in Windows' but for people up to no...
Dear all. I hope to give you an update each week on the work of the Curry Rivel Community Support Group whilst these challenging times remain.It is hard to believe that it is only one week ago that we completed at very short notice our aim of delivering our help information leaflet and red and green cards to everyone in our Parish. As i go round the village for my exercise or to help as a...
In these difficult times there are many original and creative ways that people are occupying and making the most of their time. Many suggestions are already on line but we wondered what the good folk of Curry Rivel are doing.So here's the thing — why not share your ideas with others using the Curry Rivel facebook page or email them with any video links you have to edit...