The Parish Council meeting was held on 9th January 2020 and follows a short summary of the key points discussed and actions agreed:
1. The Council accepted the transfer of a piece of land adjacent to Granny's Garden so that a small retaining wall can be built there for Curry Rivel in Bloom to make some further improvements
2. Residents have questioned the ownership of the land occupied by the bus shelter near chatham Place. This will be investigated and reported on a future date
3. The Council is still considering the terms on which a piece of land east of Linton House can be transferred from the land owner to the council in order to turn into an outdoor public place for the benefit of the whole community.
4. Investigations are continuing into a vehicle speed and safety strategy . This is being headed up by Councillor Simon Scarborough
5. A litter pick is being planned to coincide with 'Keep Britain Tidy' campaign which runs from 20 March until 13 April. Watch the website, Sewers Hall display and Curry Rivel News for more information.
6. The precept for the financial year 2020/2021 was discussed and agreed.
The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Thursday 6th February at the usual time of 7.30 pm in the Chatham Room of the Sewers Hall. Residents are warmly invited to attend.
More news from Curry Rivel
The Curry Rivel, Hambridge and Drayton Foodbank is looking for some heavy duty rack shelving to help with the efficiency and organisation of foodbank donations.If anyone has any to offer then please contact 07563900646 or e mail editor@curry...
This update is provided by the Somerset Covid-19 Engagement Board and is designed to provide a weekly update on the current Covid-19 situation in Somerset.Over-arching message: We are now in Tier 2 and whilst we have seen our rates start to plateau, it is still extremely important that we act responsibly with the little more freedom we have been given. We need to make our efforts count and...
The Parish Council Accounts for 2019/2020 have now been concluded and are https://www.curryrivel.org.uk/parish-council/finance.html.11(available to view and download...