The Parish Council meeting was held on 9th January 2020 and follows a short summary of the key points discussed and actions agreed:
1. The Council accepted the transfer of a piece of land adjacent to Granny's Garden so that a small retaining wall can be built there for Curry Rivel in Bloom to make some further improvements
2. Residents have questioned the ownership of the land occupied by the bus shelter near chatham Place. This will be investigated and reported on a future date
3. The Council is still considering the terms on which a piece of land east of Linton House can be transferred from the land owner to the council in order to turn into an outdoor public place for the benefit of the whole community.
4. Investigations are continuing into a vehicle speed and safety strategy . This is being headed up by Councillor Simon Scarborough
5. A litter pick is being planned to coincide with 'Keep Britain Tidy' campaign which runs from 20 March until 13 April. Watch the website, Sewers Hall display and Curry Rivel News for more information.
6. The precept for the financial year 2020/2021 was discussed and agreed.
The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Thursday 6th February at the usual time of 7.30 pm in the Chatham Room of the Sewers Hall. Residents are warmly invited to attend.
More news from Curry Rivel
We have just heard that we have been awarded a grant from South Somerset District Council and that, together with your donations means we have successfully reached the purchase price of the land.We are grateful to all those who donated-between us we have ensured that a slice of ancient woodland will be preserved and enhanced with newly planted trees,with all the benefits we know that...
It is with great sadness that we have to announce the death of Andy Anderson who passed away at home recently after suffering with a serious illness for some time.Andy was a very popular figure in our community having been a councillor and latterly chair of the Parish Council for several years . As chair of the Parish Council he was key in supporting many improvements around the village. He...
Please note that the Emergency Phone number to the Curry Rivel Community Support Group will be unavailable for a few days. If you have any urgent requests please submit them to the Emergency E mail address which is email@example.comWe expect the Emergency phone to resume normal service in a few...