The Parish Council meeting was held on 9th January 2020 and follows a short summary of the key points discussed and actions agreed:
1. The Council accepted the transfer of a piece of land adjacent to Granny's Garden so that a small retaining wall can be built there for Curry Rivel in Bloom to make some further improvements
2. Residents have questioned the ownership of the land occupied by the bus shelter near chatham Place. This will be investigated and reported on a future date
3. The Council is still considering the terms on which a piece of land east of Linton House can be transferred from the land owner to the council in order to turn into an outdoor public place for the benefit of the whole community.
4. Investigations are continuing into a vehicle speed and safety strategy . This is being headed up by Councillor Simon Scarborough
5. A litter pick is being planned to coincide with 'Keep Britain Tidy' campaign which runs from 20 March until 13 April. Watch the website, Sewers Hall display and Curry Rivel News for more information.
6. The precept for the financial year 2020/2021 was discussed and agreed.
The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Thursday 6th February at the usual time of 7.30 pm in the Chatham Room of the Sewers Hall. Residents are warmly invited to attend.
More news from Curry Rivel
The December Curry Rivel Parish Council Meeting will be held at the Village Hall, Thurs. 6th February 2020 at 7.30pm.This is a public meeting. Watch this space for the agenda, planning applications and minutes from the January...
Ever wondered what's happening in Curry Rivel especially what the local groups and societies have to offer? Have a look and download the calendar HERE to see the wide variety of activities planned for this month, next month and the rest of the year.For more information on the various groups and activities that are running in and...
Contacts: email@example.com, WebTel.01458 273085Lots of great trips to Bristol Hippodrome planned for 2020/2021. Two new additions are Dreamgirls and Strictly Ballroom. Full details at www.theatretrips.webeden.co.uk . Two other trips will run if there is enough demand; In August to Sunny Afternoon, featuring The Kinks music and a...
St Andrew's Church
URC Chapel, Wiltown
The Village Hall