All places for the CPR/Defibrillator training on 14th October have now been taken up which is good news as it means we will have 16 more people in the village who are potential life savers
As you are still interested we will keep the the register open so that we can run further workshops if there is demand.
So register today. Register now
In case you need persuading consider the following facts
10 Good Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator (AED). In time of need, you may be the only person at the scene who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
More news from Curry Rivel
All the latest news about the restrictions, latest figures on infections and advice is available to read or download .Click on the icon...
Chancellor Agrees £50K Funding as Part of the 2020 Spending Review's "Restoring Your Railways New Ideas" FundAfter more than seven years campaigning for a new railway station to be re-opened in the Somerton and Langport area, David Warburton MP for Somerton & Frome has triumphed in today's Spending Review, which confirmed an immediate release of £50,000...
Funding support is available to businesses in South Somerset due to the national lockdown restrictions that came into effect from Thursday 5th November.South Somerset District Council are administering two schemes:Local Restriction Support GrantEligible businesses are now able to apply for a business support grant under the Local Restriction Support Grant scheme. Grants are available of...