All places for the CPR/Defibrillator training on 14th October have now been taken up which is good news as it means we will have 16 more people in the village who are potential life savers
As you are still interested we will keep the the register open so that we can run further workshops if there is demand.
So register today. Register now
In case you need persuading consider the following facts
10 Good Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator (AED). In time of need, you may be the only person at the scene who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
More news from Curry Rivel
Our club continues to thrive and encourage new members to join our lively meetings.March saw our AGM and our first LADY Chairman was elected which is another innovation in the club following the admission of ladies a little over 4 years ago. Our other officers were also appointed for the year and our stalwart, Secretary Paul Crocker agreed to remain in post again, a font of knowledge, good...
Curry Rivel Music — Pelléas EnsembleSat 16th March 2019St Andrew's Church 7pmTickets £12Luba Tunnicliffe — ViolaHenry Roberts — FluteOliver Wass — HarpElegiac Trio A BaxFlute Sonata in Eb BWV 1031 J S BachPrelude in G major Op. 32 no. 5 S RachmaninoffPetite Suite A JolivetINTERVALSonata in D Major Op. 3 no. 2 A CorelliFantaisie for Violin and Harp...
On Thursday 28th February three of us (Laraine, Annette and Linda) attended the Southwest in Bloom (SWiB) Spring Seminar in Chippenham.The main reason for being there was to hear about the revised judging guidelines to be introducedthis year:In the past, marking was out of a possible total of 200 points.50% of those 200 points could be allocated to Horticulture;25% went to environmental...
Old School Room