All places for the CPR/Defibrillator training on 14th October have now been taken up which is good news as it means we will have 16 more people in the village who are potential life savers
As you are still interested we will keep the the register open so that we can run further workshops if there is demand.
So register today. Register now
In case you need persuading consider the following facts
10 Good Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator (AED). In time of need, you may be the only person at the scene who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
More news from Curry Rivel
Splat Messy Play Taster Session is now available to book at Curry Rivel Village HallWed 18th Dec 2019 — Christmas Special 10-11amAll babies and children welcome (6 months — 4 years old). £5.50 per child. Sibling discounts are available, please contact Emma for more information.Emma will do her upmost to cater for allergies and other dietary requirements, let her know.07827 089005...
Temporary Closure of Portfield11-13th Dec 20198.30am-3.30pmSomerset County CouncilDistrict of South SomersetParish of Curry RivelTemporary Closure of PortfieldTAKE NOTICE that in pursuance of Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulations Act1984, as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991, the CountyCouncil of Somerset propose to make an Order PROHIBITING ALL...
The Christmas BIG BREAKFAST will be held on Sun 15th Dec 2019 at the Village Hall, from 8.30am till 12.30pm.There will be a special visit from Santa, from 9.30am till 11.30am, and for a small charge children can receive a fantastic gift.Come along to this great Community event, and enjoy a freshly cooked breakfast, with food provided by the 'Black Sheep...
St Andrew's Church
St Martin's Church
URC Chapel, Wiltown