All places for the CPR/Defibrillator training on 14th October have now been taken up which is good news as it means we will have 16 more people in the village who are potential life savers
As you are still interested we will keep the the register open so that we can run further workshops if there is demand.
So register today. Register now
In case you need persuading consider the following facts
10 Good Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator (AED). In time of need, you may be the only person at the scene who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
More news from Curry Rivel
Drop in to pledge your support to buying Curry Woods.This is a cause right on your doorstep, it will help to protect the School from further flooding and start our own Parish Climate Adaptation Pathway.15th February 2020Old School Room 2-9pm There will be two presentations about the Trust, one at three o'clock and one at six o'clock. The school room will be open from 2-9 to allow...
The Christmas Big Breakfast on 15th Dec 2019 was one of the busiest yet and was a great success.The kitchen team never stopped all morning, and cooked.........149 Breakfast160 Fried Eggs180 Sausages200 Rashers of BaconSanta also came along, sparing time from his busy schedule, and was greatly enjoyed by the boys and girls.This great Community event, is now attracting many new Curry...
The 'Forget Me Not' Cafe has recently received a big boost by receiving £750 from the Somerset County Council 'Improving Lives' scheme.A big thank you to Clare Paul (County Councillor for Curry Rivel and Langport) and Andy Anderson (Chairman Curry Rivel Parish Council) for all their support to get this grant.The photo shows the 'Forget Me Not' Cafe team receiving...
Old School Room
URC Chapel, Wiltown
St Andrew's Church
The Village Hall