All places for the CPR/Defibrillator training on 14th October have now been taken up which is good news as it means we will have 16 more people in the village who are potential life savers
As you are still interested we will keep the the register open so that we can run further workshops if there is demand.
So register today. Register now
In case you need persuading consider the following facts
10 Good Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator (AED). In time of need, you may be the only person at the scene who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
More news from Curry Rivel
MVH Presents Yesterday (12A)16th Nov 2019A struggling musician realizes he's the only person on Earth who can remember The Beatles after waking up in an alternate timeline where they never existed.Stars: Himesh Patel, Lily James & Sophia Di Martinohttps://mvhcurry.wixsite.com/films.11(mvhcurr...
By the time this article goes to press we may or may not have Brexited and a general election may or may not have been called. So perhaps this is the perfect opportunity, if you are not already registered to vote, to sign up now. If you missed National Democracy Week, SSDC has lots of advice on their website and social media platforms encouraging more people to get involved in our democracy...
Brexit Readiness: Defra Food & Farming Briefing Wed 23th Oct12pm — 2pmWessex Pavilions, Royal Bath & West Showground, Prestleigh, Nr Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6QN Defra is working with the NFU, the Heart of the South West LEP and Mendip District Council to host a free 'Ready for Brexit' event aimed at businesses within the farming, food and drink sectors.This event is...
Drayton Village Hall
St Andrew's Church
St Andrews Church
URC Chapel, Wiltown