All places for the CPR/Defibrillator training on 14th October have now been taken up which is good news as it means we will have 16 more people in the village who are potential life savers
As you are still interested we will keep the the register open so that we can run further workshops if there is demand.
So register today. Register now
In case you need persuading consider the following facts
10 Good Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator (AED). In time of need, you may be the only person at the scene who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
More news from Curry Rivel
Quiz including Ploughman's SupperSat 25th May @ 7pmCurry Rivel Village HallTo raise funds for Curry Rivel in Bloom (CRiB).... Don't worry it's a general knowledge quiz, not just about plants. There will be a bar and of course a fab raffle.£6 per head, teams of up to 6 peopleTickets from Post Office &...
Langport & District Red Cross Group is celebrating 40 years since their Langport Centre building was opened. Langport Red Cross Centre, in the main car park, opens every morning except Sunday from 10 a.m. offering friendship, refreshments and the sale of donated goods. Langport & District Red Cross volunteers, past and present, will be celebrating with an evening Carvery at The Langport Arms at 7...
Sweaty Mama ® and Sweaty Mamilates ® classes have been designed to assist women by offering specifically designed post natal exercise to aid recovery after birth. Curious eh? Well for more information click and download from the icon...
Fivehead to Curry Rivel via Swell
The Village Hall