All places for the CPR/Defibrillator training on 14th October have now been taken up which is good news as it means we will have 16 more people in the village who are potential life savers
As you are still interested we will keep the the register open so that we can run further workshops if there is demand.
So register today. Register now
In case you need persuading consider the following facts
10 Good Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator (AED). In time of need, you may be the only person at the scene who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
More news from Curry Rivel
Yet another case has been spotted by a member of our community and reported to South Somerset District Council On the 27th June this photo was taken on the A378 just outside Curry Rivel on the way to Langport. One week later 4/7/2020 the same person must have added to it. Does anyone know who is responsible?If so pleasehttps://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/servi...
The trustees of the Curry Woods Conservation Trust are delighted to announce that the Trust is now a registered charity and also that it also now has an active Community bank account. Achieving these objectives has been slow and difficult in the pandemic and so we are very grateful to those who have made them happen.We have now written to all those people who made pledges to help with the...
CRN are pleased to announce that the July edition of our revered news letter will be hand delivered in hard copy which is great news.If you prefer, or indeed if it doesn't reach you for whatever reason you can read and/or download a copy here.Well done and thank you to the news team of the Curry Rivel News...