All places for the CPR/Defibrillator training on 14th October have now been taken up which is good news as it means we will have 16 more people in the village who are potential life savers
As you are still interested we will keep the the register open so that we can run further workshops if there is demand.
So register today. Register now
In case you need persuading consider the following facts
10 Good Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator (AED). In time of need, you may be the only person at the scene who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
More news from Curry Rivel
We have just heard that we have been awarded a grant from South Somerset District Council and that, together with your donations means we have successfully reached the purchase price of the land.We are grateful to all those who donated-between us we have ensured that a slice of ancient woodland will be preserved and enhanced with newly planted trees,with all the benefits we know that...
It is with great sadness that we have to announce the death of Andy Anderson who passed away at home recently after suffering with a serious illness for some time.Andy was a very popular figure in our community having been a councillor and latterly chair of the Parish Council for several years . As chair of the Parish Council he was key in supporting many improvements around the village. He...
Please note that the Emergency Phone number to the Curry Rivel Community Support Group will be unavailable for a few days. If you have any urgent requests please submit them to the Emergency E mail address which is firstname.lastname@example.orgWe expect the Emergency phone to resume normal service in a few...