Thanks to the generosity of local residents and local groups the defibrillator appeal has so far raised £816.
Folks, if you haven't already donated please do so. These are the facts:
- 30,000 sudden cardiac arrests happen away from a hospital in England — 60,000 is UK estimate
- survival rate from SCA is dismal — less than 1 in 10
- chances of surviving SCA reduces by 10% for every minute without shock from AED
- 270 children die each year at school from SCA
- 20% of sudden Cardic arrests take place in public places
- it would take 8 minutes minimum to retrieve a defibrillator from the garage back to the village hall
- If debfibrillation takes place within 3 to 5 minutes, chances of survival increase from 6% to 74%
- £1200 is the target for installing a AED outside of the village hall
- £816 is the amount raised to date
There is no doubting how vital AEDs can be in saving-lives. Prompt delivery of defibrillation can result in survival rates as high as 75% (Resuscitation Council, UK). Having one close by could mean the difference between life and death.
We hope this persuades users of the Village Hall and others of the need for a second AED in the village and perhaps encourage you to contribute a little something to the appeal.
Donations can be made by cheque to Curry Rivel Village Hall or on line using the Village Hall crowdfunding page. CLICK HERE
Contact Roger Hampton for more information on 01458 741606 or Tony Greenaway on 252495
More news from Curry Rivel
MVH Presents Yesterday (12A)16th Nov 2019A struggling musician realizes he's the only person on Earth who can remember The Beatles after waking up in an alternate timeline where they never existed.Stars: Himesh Patel, Lily James & Sophia Di Martinohttps://mvhcurry.wixsite.com/films.11(mvhcurr...
By the time this article goes to press we may or may not have Brexited and a general election may or may not have been called. So perhaps this is the perfect opportunity, if you are not already registered to vote, to sign up now. If you missed National Democracy Week, SSDC has lots of advice on their website and social media platforms encouraging more people to get involved in our democracy...
Brexit Readiness: Defra Food & Farming Briefing Wed 23th Oct12pm — 2pmWessex Pavilions, Royal Bath & West Showground, Prestleigh, Nr Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6QN Defra is working with the NFU, the Heart of the South West LEP and Mendip District Council to host a free 'Ready for Brexit' event aimed at businesses within the farming, food and drink sectors.This event is...
Drayton Village Hall
St Andrew's Church
St Andrews Church
URC Chapel, Wiltown