Thanks to the generosity of local residents and local groups the defibrillator appeal has so far raised £816.
Folks, if you haven't already donated please do so. These are the facts:
- 30,000 sudden cardiac arrests happen away from a hospital in England — 60,000 is UK estimate
- survival rate from SCA is dismal — less than 1 in 10
- chances of surviving SCA reduces by 10% for every minute without shock from AED
- 270 children die each year at school from SCA
- 20% of sudden Cardic arrests take place in public places
- it would take 8 minutes minimum to retrieve a defibrillator from the garage back to the village hall
- If debfibrillation takes place within 3 to 5 minutes, chances of survival increase from 6% to 74%
- £1200 is the target for installing a AED outside of the village hall
- £816 is the amount raised to date
There is no doubting how vital AEDs can be in saving-lives. Prompt delivery of defibrillation can result in survival rates as high as 75% (Resuscitation Council, UK). Having one close by could mean the difference between life and death.
We hope this persuades users of the Village Hall and others of the need for a second AED in the village and perhaps encourage you to contribute a little something to the appeal.
Donations can be made by cheque to Curry Rivel Village Hall or on line using the Village Hall crowdfunding page. CLICK HERE
Contact Roger Hampton for more information on 01458 741606 or Tony Greenaway on 252495
More news from Curry Rivel
Splat Messy Play Taster Session is now available to book at Curry Rivel Village HallWed 18th Dec 2019 — Christmas Special 10-11amAll babies and children welcome (6 months — 4 years old). £5.50 per child. Sibling discounts are available, please contact Emma for more information.Emma will do her upmost to cater for allergies and other dietary requirements, let her know.07827 089005...
Temporary Closure of Portfield11-13th Dec 20198.30am-3.30pmSomerset County CouncilDistrict of South SomersetParish of Curry RivelTemporary Closure of PortfieldTAKE NOTICE that in pursuance of Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulations Act1984, as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991, the CountyCouncil of Somerset propose to make an Order PROHIBITING ALL...
The Christmas BIG BREAKFAST will be held on Sun 15th Dec 2019 at the Village Hall, from 8.30am till 12.30pm.There will be a special visit from Santa, from 9.30am till 11.30am, and for a small charge children can receive a fantastic gift.Come along to this great Community event, and enjoy a freshly cooked breakfast, with food provided by the 'Black Sheep...
Old School Room
St Andrew's Church