Thanks to the generosity of local residents and local groups the defibrillator appeal has so far raised £816.
Folks, if you haven't already donated please do so. These are the facts:
- 30,000 sudden cardiac arrests happen away from a hospital in England — 60,000 is UK estimate
- survival rate from SCA is dismal — less than 1 in 10
- chances of surviving SCA reduces by 10% for every minute without shock from AED
- 270 children die each year at school from SCA
- 20% of sudden Cardic arrests take place in public places
- it would take 8 minutes minimum to retrieve a defibrillator from the garage back to the village hall
- If debfibrillation takes place within 3 to 5 minutes, chances of survival increase from 6% to 74%
- £1200 is the target for installing a AED outside of the village hall
- £816 is the amount raised to date
There is no doubting how vital AEDs can be in saving-lives. Prompt delivery of defibrillation can result in survival rates as high as 75% (Resuscitation Council, UK). Having one close by could mean the difference between life and death.
We hope this persuades users of the Village Hall and others of the need for a second AED in the village and perhaps encourage you to contribute a little something to the appeal.
Donations can be made by cheque to Curry Rivel Village Hall or on line using the Village Hall crowdfunding page. CLICK HERE
Contact Roger Hampton for more information on 01458 741606 or Tony Greenaway on 252495
More news from Curry Rivel
We have just heard that we have been awarded a grant from South Somerset District Council and that, together with your donations means we have successfully reached the purchase price of the land.We are grateful to all those who donated-between us we have ensured that a slice of ancient woodland will be preserved and enhanced with newly planted trees,with all the benefits we know that...
It is with great sadness that we have to announce the death of Andy Anderson who passed away at home recently after suffering with a serious illness for some time.Andy was a very popular figure in our community having been a councillor and latterly chair of the Parish Council for several years . As chair of the Parish Council he was key in supporting many improvements around the village. He...
Please note that the Emergency Phone number to the Curry Rivel Community Support Group will be unavailable for a few days. If you have any urgent requests please submit them to the Emergency E mail address which is email@example.comWe expect the Emergency phone to resume normal service in a few...