Thanks to the generosity of local residents and local groups the defibrillator appeal has so far raised £816.
Folks, if you haven't already donated please do so. These are the facts:
- 30,000 sudden cardiac arrests happen away from a hospital in England — 60,000 is UK estimate
- survival rate from SCA is dismal — less than 1 in 10
- chances of surviving SCA reduces by 10% for every minute without shock from AED
- 270 children die each year at school from SCA
- 20% of sudden Cardic arrests take place in public places
- it would take 8 minutes minimum to retrieve a defibrillator from the garage back to the village hall
- If debfibrillation takes place within 3 to 5 minutes, chances of survival increase from 6% to 74%
- £1200 is the target for installing a AED outside of the village hall
- £816 is the amount raised to date
There is no doubting how vital AEDs can be in saving-lives. Prompt delivery of defibrillation can result in survival rates as high as 75% (Resuscitation Council, UK). Having one close by could mean the difference between life and death.
We hope this persuades users of the Village Hall and others of the need for a second AED in the village and perhaps encourage you to contribute a little something to the appeal.
Donations can be made by cheque to Curry Rivel Village Hall or on line using the Village Hall crowdfunding page. CLICK HERE
Contact Roger Hampton for more information on 01458 741606 or Tony Greenaway on 252495
More news from Curry Rivel
Christmas saw our bi-annual formal lunch and like before, we gathered in our best frocks and suits with our families and friends for a festive feast.Dillington House welcomed us and treated us to an extremely pleasant lunch with professional and well organised service as previously. Thank you to them.We had a good number attend and were able to raise an adequate amount from the raffle towards...
Outside the garden: archaeology around StourheadLANGPORT & DISTRICT HISTORY SOCIETY TALK REPORT Jan 2020 The Society's first meeting of the new decade featured an illustrated talk from industrial archaeologist Dr Peter Stanier, who took us on a fascinating tour of the landscape features around the outside of the gardens of Stourhead in Wiltshire.Everyone in the audience had visited...
We are currently recruiting Volunteers and Community Supporters in the Langport and Somerton Area.To find out more, and discover what your hospice does please join us for afternoon tea onWednesday February 5 at 11.00am, Town Hall Meeting Room Bow Street, Langport, TA10 9PRALL WELCOME !For more details call Susan : 01935 709182https://www.st-margarets-hospice.org.uk/home-page.11(Click...
St Andrew's Church
Ss Andrew's Church
URC Chapel, Wiltown
St Andrew's Church