Wheelie Bin Fires in Somerset
The fire service is warning people about the dangers of wheelie bins after a spate of fires in Somerset.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is asking residents and businesses to store all their bins out of sight to avoid them becoming a target for arsonists.
The fire service believes that a wheelie bin on fire outside a window or against a house can endanger the lives of people inside.
Arson is a serious crime and anyone convicted faces a length prison sentence and a significant fine. Furthermore, it comes with a financial impact as each time the fire service is called out it results in a significant cost to the taxpayer.
Don't let your bin become a target for arsonists
* Store all wheelie bins away, especially at night, to avoid them becoming a target for arsonists
* Only place your wheelie bin out on collection day and return it to your property as soon as possible after collection
* Whenever possible, wheelie bins should be stored securely behind locked gates
* Do not overfill your wheelie bins or leave loose rubbish around them
* Do not place hot items in the bin, for example: smoking materials, hot embers from coal/wood, hot ash, etc
* Do not store wheelie bins by windows or doors -- any fire in the bin could easily spread to your property
If anyone has any information about fires no matter how big or small please telephone crimestoppers on 0800 555111 where they can give details completely anonymously.
More news from Curry Rivel
The Christmas BIG BREAKFAST will be held on Sun 15th Dec 2019 at the Village Hall, from 8.30am till 12.30pm.There will be a special visit from Santa, from 9.30am till 11.30am, and for a small charge children can receive a fantastic gift.Come along to this great Community event, and enjoy a freshly cooked breakfast, with food provided by the 'Black Sheep...
Welcome to SORTED! November 2019, with all your festive collection dates, how to cut out Christmas plastic, and much more.Plus scroll down for:Yes, we do collect aerosolsMissed collections — the easy guideRecycle More's new vehicles If this e-newsletter is useful, do forward it to others and urge them to sign up on SWP's website (we have nearly 10,000 subscribers — more...
The Parish Council are pleased to announce the re-introduction of our Parish Council Shorts! The aim is to provide a quick summary of the key issues arising from the most recent meeting. 1. Planning applications at Portfield, Heale Wold and the Dovecot in Heale Lane were approved.2. Changes to publishing Parish Council minutes- in future draft minutes will be issued to the website within 2...
The Village Hall
Curry Rivel School Hall
Old School Room