All places for the CPR/Defibrillator training on 14th October have now been taken up which is good news as it means we will have 16 more people in the village who are potential life savers
As you are still interested we will keep the the register open so that we can run further workshops if there is demand.
So register today. Register now
In case you need persuading consider the following facts
10 Good Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator (AED). In time of need, you may be the only person at the scene who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
More news from Curry Rivel
Fancy a trip to Bath to stock up on Christmas goodies? Then join us on this coach trip on Wednesday 29 November. The coach will leave Langport car park at 9.00am prompt, so meet at 8.45am. It will leave Bath at 4.00pm arriving back in Langport at 6.00pm. This will give plenty of time for Christmas shopping and for visiting Bath's great Christmas market. Cost: £15 per person.Please...
The Curry Rivel & District Twinning Association will be holding its AGM at 7.30pm on Friday 3 November in the Chatham Room of the Village Hall. The meeting will be followed by a curry supper. All welcome to the meeting and non-members wishing to join in the curry supper afterwards are asked to call 01458 252946 (by Wednesday 1 November...
The Art Group is changing its display in the foyer of the Curry Rivel Village Hall and does so every two months. Do stop and have a look when you are next in the hall — you'll be pleasantly surprised at our local artistic...
St Andrew's Church
URC Church Wiltown
Chatham Room, Village Hall