All places for the CPR/Defibrillator training on 14th October have now been taken up which is good news as it means we will have 16 more people in the village who are potential life savers
As you are still interested we will keep the the register open so that we can run further workshops if there is demand.
So register today. Register now
In case you need persuading consider the following facts
10 Good Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 160,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK every year.
3. 50,000 of the 160,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For every minute that an defibrillator (AED) is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator (AED). In time of need, you may be the only person at the scene who knows how to operate it.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
More news from Curry Rivel
Church Fete7th Jul 2018, 2-4.30pmChurch GreenThis is the major annual summer activity, held on The Green. Much work is put into this event which gives a chance for the church to provide a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon of entertainment to the whole village. It is also a major opportunity to raise needed funds. To offer yourself to help with organising the event or assist on a stall, please...
CRiB Front Garden Competition 2018 Is OnIf you fancy having a go at the Frontage competition , you still have time, contact Gina on 01458 762296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details. You don't need to be present for the judging which will take place between 23rd-30th June.Remember the colour scheme this year will be predominately white with some blues and...
Thanks to some members of the Wildlife Survey Group and CRiB (Curry Rivel in Bloom) who marshalled the carparking at Curry Rivel Live 2018.Thanks to their valiant arm waving, as little harm as possible was made to the wildflowers at the Eastfield meadow on Sat 16th June 2018.The orchids are buzzing at Eastfield, bees everywhere, we include a photo of a rare white pyramidal...
St Andrew's Church
Meet Village Green
The Angel, Bow St, Langport